Why do people still get this strange look on their faces, when they find out I’m vegetarian?
They just stand there, almost in shock and then out comes the question … so what do you eat then?
How is it possible that they can’t figure out the secret foods that I eat?
Let me help … I don’t eat meat and yes bacon is a meat.
Am I on TV?
Rob will be the first to tell you that eating less meat has had a positive impact on his digestive life & he’s a huge fan of my “I can’t believe your chili didn’t give me gas ” recipe …
vegetarian chili recipe courtesy of a Boca Burger bag
- 1-12 ounce package frozen meatless-style crumbles
- 2- 15 ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-15 ounce cans dark red kidney beans
- 1- 15 ounce can light red kidney beans
- 1- 29 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 – 12 fluid ounce can tomato juice
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Throw everything into a crock pot, turn it to Lo for 4-6 hours. Or … just throw everything into a big pot on the stove, bring it to a boil, stirring, turn down the heat to lo and let it simmer for a few hours.
There are a million reasons why you should go meatless for awhile …
… you’ll really be surprised what comes out of it. 😉